ABOUT FPC LAW
FPC LAW (FPCLaw.org) is the nation’s first and largest public interest legal team focused on the right to keep and bear arms, and the leader in the Second Amendment litigation and research space. The primary objective of our legal action programs is to bring cases that protect your rights and property, restore individual liberty, and help us achieve our purpose to create a world of maximal individual liberty.
FPC LAW RESOURCES
FPC LAW LEGAL ACTION DOCKET: Get the latest filings here.
FPC LAW RESEARCH & AMICUS DOCKET: Read important research papers and amicus briefs here.
FPC LAW 2A LEGAL TRACKER: Track, sort, and search cases and important filings in this easy-to-use table.
FPC LAW HOTLINE/POTENTIAL PLAINTIFFS: In order to challenge unconstitutional, unjust, and undesirable laws, we need individuals to participate in our efforts as plaintiffs. Please click here to use our Hotline form to report possible civil rights violations and let us know you'd like to get involved in a lawsuit.
ACTIVE CASES BY JURISDICTION
FEDERAL COURT CASES
Broken down by federal circuit court (see here for a map)
Granata v. Healey
- Challenge to Massachusetts's ban on common handguns/handgun roster
- Granata v. Healey
- New York
Vanchoff v. James
- Challenge to New York's ban on so-called "assault weapons"
Calce v. NYC
- Challenge to New York City's ban on stun guns/less-lethal arms
Greco v. NYC
- Challenge to New York City's carry ban
Everytown v. Fort
- Intervention to defend federal statutory definition of “firearm” against expansion by anti-rights groups, others
- Vanchoff v. James
Rigby v. Jennings
- Challenge to Delaware's ban on firearm self-manufacturing, truthful speech
- Rigby v. Jennings
Cheeseman v. Platkin
- Challenge to New Jersey's ban on so-called "assault weapons"
Francisco v. Cooke
- Challenge to New Jersey's ban on carry, state statutes, and local enforcement practices
Kendrick v. Platkin
- Challenge to New Jersey's purchase permit requirement
Bennett v. Davis
- Challenge to New Jersey's carry ban
Suarez v. Evanchick
- Challenge to Pennsylvania's ban on carry by individuals who are not prohibited from possessing firearms
- Cheeseman v. Platkin
Lara v. Evanchick
- Challenge to Pennsylvania's ban on carry by young adults under age 21
Williams v. Garland
- Challenge to the federal lifetime ban under the Gun Control Act by non-violent persons convicted of non-violent crimes that could be (but were not) punishable by more than one year incarceration
- Lara v. Evanchick
Our amazing members & generous donors make our legal action programs possible. Individuals who would like to Join the FPC Grassroots Army and support important pro-rights lawsuits and programs can sign up at JoinFPC.org. If you would like to chip in $20, $5, or whatever you can, please donate to support our work here.
Reese v. ATF
- Challenge to the federal ban on handgun and ammunition purchases by young adults under age 21
- Reese v. ATF
Andrews v. McCraw
- Challenge to Texas's ban on carry by young adults under age 21
- Andrews v. McCraw
Oakland Tactical v. Howell Township
- Challenge to Howell Township (Michigan) range ban ordinance
- Oakland Tactical v. Howell Township
Bassett v. Slatery
- Challenge to Tennessee's ban on carry by young adults under age 21
- Bassett v. Slatery
Worth v. Harrington
- Challenge to Minnesota's ban on carry by young adults under age 21
- Worth v. Harrington
Miller v. Bonta
- Challenge to California's ban on so-called "assault weapons"
Renna v. Bonta
- Challenge to California's handgun “roster” and microstamping bans
Nguyen v. Bonta
- Challenge to California's "1-in-30" firearm purchase ban
Wiese v. Bonta
- Challenge to California's confiscatory ban on so-called "large-capacity magazines"
Glass v. San Jose
- Challenge to the City of San Jose's new firearm taxes/fees, insurance requirements, and speech regulations
California v. ATF
- Intervention to defend statutory definition of “firearm” against expansion by anti-rights groups, others
Linton v. Bonta
- Challenge to California's lifetime firearms ban enforced against individuals who were previously convicted of a non-violent crime but are not federally disqualified from firearms possession
Fahr v. San Diego
- Challenge to the City of San Diego's ban on firearm self-manufacturing, property
Altman v. Santa Clara County, et al.
- Challenge to San Francisco Bay Area counties' shut-downs and elimination of firearm transfers, shooting range practice during COVID
McDougall v. Ventura County
- Challenge to Ventura County's shut-downs and elimination of firearm transfers, shooting range practice during COVID
- Miller v. Bonta
Palmer v. Sisolak
- Challenge to Nevada's confiscatory ban on firearm self-manufacturing, property
- Palmer v. Sisolak
Sullivan v. Ferguson
- Challenge to Washington's confiscatory ban on so-called "large-capacity magazines"
- Sullivan v. Ferguson
- New cases pending
Baughcum v. Jackson
- Challenge to Georgia's ban on carry by young adults under age 21
- Baughcum v. Jackson
- Washington, District of Columbia
STATE COURT CASES
FPC v. Sacramento Sheriff Scott Jones
- Challenge to Sacramento County's denial of records regarding firearm confiscations
Campos v. Bonta
- Challenge to Calif. DOJ's policy delaying firearm transfers
(Brandeis) Barba v. Bonta
- Challenge to California's gun owner data-sharing with anti-gun "researchers"
People v. Alejandro Gonzalez
- Support of defense in self-defense shooting
Landmark Firearms v. Evanchick
- Challenge to the Penn. Attorney General's regulations re-defining “firearm” under state UFA
Armstrong v. City of Philadelphia
- Challenge (through defense) against Philadelphia's enforcement of its pre-empted locked gun ordinance
FOAC v. Pittsburgh, PA
- Challenge to Pittsburgh's gun control ordinances
RECENT FPC DOCKET ENTRIES
August 9, 2022 - United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- Guedes v. BATFE - Federal lawsuit challenging ATF/President Trump's ban on "bump stock" devices by executive fiat
- Press Release
August 5, 2022 - Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Oakland Tactical Supply v. Howell Township: Challenging zoning restrictions imposed by the Township that prohibit shooting ranges for long guns.
- Press Release
August 4, 2022 - United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
Worth v. Harrington: Federal Second Amendment constitutional challenge to Minnesota's ban on the right to bear arms as to young adults.
August 3, 2022 - Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Call v. Jones: Federal Second Amendment lawsuit that seeks to make it possible for all law-abiding people to carry a loaded handgun on their person in public self-defense in the State of Maryland, challenging the “good and substantial reason” requirement, among others, that block law-abiding people from obtaining carry licenses.
August 1, 2022 - Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Cargill v. Garland: Challenge to the ATF Final Rule banning bump stocks.
July 25, 2022 - Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Lara v. Evanchick: Federal Second Amendment lawsuit challenging Pennsylvania's ban on the right to bear arms as to young adults
July 22, 2022 - Superior Court of California (County of San Diego)
Campos v. Bonta: Challenging the California Attorney General and Bureau of Firearms over their intentional delay of firearm transactions past the statutory ten day waiting period absent a legal basis.
- Minute Order
- Press Release
July 18, 2022 - Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Williams v. Garland: Challenging lifetime gun ban for non-violent misdemeanor conviction
July 14, 2022 - San Francisco Police and Sheriff's Departments
- San Francisco Police Department: Re: Handgun Carry Licenses and Request For Public Records
- San Francisco Sheriff's Department: Re: Handgun Carry Licenses and Request For Public Records
- Press Release
July 12, 2022 - United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Vanchoff v. James: Federal lawsuit challenging New York "assault weapons" ban as unconstitutional under the Second Amendment
July 8, 2022 - United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Andrews v. McCraw: Federal Second Amendment constitutional challenge to Texas' ban on the right to bear arms as to law-abiding young adults.
July 1, 2022 - United States Supreme Court
Torcivia v. Suffolk County: Lawsuit challenging the government’s ability to enter private homes and seize firearms from an individual suspected of no crime, and subject to no penal control or supervision.