Firearms Policy Coalition (firearmspolicy.org) is a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization founded on a philosophy of natural rights, with an unambiguous Purpose, consistent Values, and clear Mission to fight for the People, liberty, and freedom. FPC’s efforts are focused on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and adjacent issues including freedom of speech, due process, unlawful searches and seizures, separation of powers, asset forfeitures, privacy, encryption, and limited government. The FPC team are next-generation advocates working to achieve the Organization’s strategic objectives through litigation, research, scholarly publications, amicus briefing, legislative and regulatory action, grassroots activism, education, outreach, and other programs. FPC Law (FPCLaw.org), is the nation’s largest public interest legal team focused on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and the leader in the Second Amendment litigation and research space.
QUICK LINKS & COMMS
- Donate and power the work at FPCDONATE.ORG
- Join the FPC Grassroots Army at JOINFPC.ORG
- Take Action on key bills and regulations at FPCACTION.ORG
- Learn about FPC Law and our pro-rights lawsuits, research, and briefing at FPCLAW.ORG
- Get spicy FPC merch at FPCGEAR.COM
- Web: firearmspolicy.org
- Support/Info email: support[at]firearmspolicy.org
- News media email: media[at]firearmspolicy.org
- Phone: (855) 372-7522
- Social: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
Create a world of maximal human liberty and freedom.
OUR CURRENT MISSION
(Some paragraph breaks/outlining added for clarity.)
Establish a regulatory environment in which every individual adult in the United States who is not prohibited from exercising rights under an analysis consistent with the Constitution’s text, informed by American history and tradition, can:
Acquire and possess (“keep”) all bearable arms in "common use for lawful purposes":
- Including but not limited to semi-automatic handguns, rifles, and shotguns regulated as “assault weapons”;
- Firearm magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds;
- Blades; and,
- Other defensive arms.
- Carry (“bear”) loaded, operable arms on their person and in their vehicles, in public, for self-defense and all lawful purposes;
- Personally build (self-manufacture) arms, including by and through the acquisition and possession of the tools, information/files, and materials/supplies to do so; and,
- Protect the resources, markets, and conduct essentials to the above.
- Acquire and possess (“keep”) all bearable arms in "common use for lawful purposes":
- Expand young peoples’ understanding and adoption of the philosophy of natural rights and private property, and the adoption and lawful use of the right to keep and bear arms, freedom of speech, and other essential liberties to maximize preservation and expansion of freedom in future generations.
- Establish clear protections against prohibition and/or seizure of personal property, as well as unjust incarceration for the exercise of fundamental rights.
- Opportunistically leverage changing cultural, political, and legal environments to achieve tactical victories and divert enemy resources (i.e., funding and personnel) away from strategically critical areas to reduce enemy effectiveness.
- Upon achieving all of the above, establish a new vision and strategic objectives consistent with the Organization’s Purpose and expanded field of operation.
OUR CURRENT AREAS OF OPERATION
CULTURE: Using the FPC Team of advocates:
- Grow and support a nation-wide movement of informed, vocal individuals who actively promote the philosophy of natural rights, encourage elimination of laws and policies that limit or otherwise conflict with liberty;
- Support policy changes consistent with the [FPC] Purpose and Mission;
- Galvanize the People to draw a line and reject the condition of government expansion and interference with the People’s rights and liberty (i.e., “Fuck you. No.”).
LEGAL: Using FPC Law, the nation’s only full-scope public interest legal team focused on the right to keep and bear arms and adjacent/interconnected fundamental rights:
- Conduct strategic litigation, research, publication of scholarship, and file “friend of the court” briefings in order to invalidate and enjoin enforcement of unconstitutional laws;
- Build precedent for future litigation strategies;
- Create new opportunities for the People’s exercise of fundamental rights;
- Shift approaches in judicial review towards a constitutionally consistent mode of scrutiny in support of the Mission;
- Discourage legislators and executive branch officials from enacting and enforcing negative policies by using success to increase social acceptance of desired items/conduct, and thus impose new/higher political costs for undesired policies and practices.
LEGISLATIVE/REGULATORY: Using FPC Advocacy:
- Deploy grassroots activists and lobbyist liaisons in strategic campaigns and efforts to support the enactment of positive or essential policies (i.e., “constitutional carry”);
- Fiercely oppose regulations that infringe on the right to keep and bear arms, freedom of speech, due process, privacy/encryption, and other key issue areas to reduce resource drain to new battle-spaces.
FPC DNA: OUR CONSTITUTION
Firearms Policy Coalition (firearmspolicy.org) is a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization that exists to create a world of maximal human liberty. FPC is a Team of teams comprised of advocates who maintain fidelity to the Organization’s Purpose, have an unwavering commitment to the Organization’s Values and Vision, and work hard every day to achieve the Mission for the People.
ARTICLE I: WHAT WE BELIEVE
The People’s access to and exercise of natural rights, including that to personal property, are necessary to achieve and maintain a free world. To that end:
- We believe that all people have natural rights and are inherently entitled to liberty, private property, and peaceful autonomy;
- We believe that natural rights are not granted by governments, a byproduct of majority consensus or majoritarian process, or mere privileges conferred by any government, group, or creation of man;
- We believe natural rights include but are not limited to the rights to self-defense and use of just force against unjust force; acquiring, possessing, training with, carrying, and using arms for just purposes; free speech; association; protest; privacy; due process; equal protection of the laws; private property; and free markets;
- We believe that how a government or society regulates the right to keep and bear arms is a strong and likely leading indicator of how that government or society does or will approach regulation of other natural rights and personal property;
- We believe that well-armed people make tyranny at scale significantly more costly and thus positively changes the economics of authoritarianism as against those People;
- We believe that liberty is correlated with access to innovation and technology, including but not limited to that of arms, speech, and encryption;
- We believe that it is immoral to unjustly use force to take the life, liberty, or property of others; and,
- We believe that we must eliminate unjust or immoral laws, policies, regulations, customs, and enforcement practices in order to fulfill our Purpose.
ARTICLE II: WHO WE ARE
We are a Team of teams that work together for one Purpose, to wit, to create a world of maximal human liberty and freedom. To that end:
- We are a Values-anchored culture change organization that conducts contextually appropriate programs to achieve the Mission and fulfill our Purpose;
- We are tenacious and Fight Forward through challenging obstacles, even when they seem insurmountable;
- We are unequivocally excellent and care about the important details that most others miss;
- We are decisive so we can continuously create and deliver value to the People we serve;
- We are curious and use that drive to create new things and find the answers to questions we didn’t have before
- We are humorous and bring laughter and joy to the important things we do;
- We are grateful for the honor and privilege to be warriors for human liberty, natural rights, private property, and the People;
- We are defenders of life, liberty, and property;
- We are both champions and servants of the individual;
- We are not merely non-partisan, we are fiercely anti-partisan and unmistakably principled;
- We are aggressive and intentional; and,
- We are courageous and eager to take on incredible but important challenges.
ARTICLE III: WHAT WE DO
While the work we do and its outputs will necessarily manifest differently over time in different contexts, how we execute our Mission must always be aligned with our Values—FPC’s True North. To that end:
- We fight to fulfill our Purpose from a place of genuine love of the People and a commitment to their natural rights and property;
- We make decisions consistent with our Purpose, Mission, and Values and at velocity;
- We promote Values, principles, and positive change in compelling ways;
- We go out of our way to help people and improve their lives;
- We strive to be humble and take ownership of our actions;
- We relentlessly focus on our objectives;
- We innovate and find new ways to win and grow;
- We earn trust and respect every day;
- We work hard and with empathy;
- We adapt, evolve, and change to be our best and accomplish the Mission;
- We continuously learn to improve ourselves and the things we create and do;
- We embrace data but never compromise our Values in making decisions;
- We find ways to simplify and eliminate waste;
- We have fun doing amazing and important things;
- We stay true to ourselves and our Purpose and do not compete with anyone else;
- We find ways to create and deliver value to the People we serve;
- We demand the highest standards of thought and execution;
- We obsess about the details that matter;
- We maintain excellence and persevere through adversity;
- We debate and deliberate—and then commit completely and execute fiercely;
- We strive to attract, hire, and develop the best people;
- We reward creativity and success;
- We have a sense of humor and aren’t afraid to laugh;
- We are curious and enjoy learning;
- We invest in our mission, our Team, and the People; and,
- We do not fear failure on the journey to ultimate and necessary success.
FPC: All the rights. All the time.