Summary: Petition and motion for injunction against Pennsylvania State Police Commissioner Robert Evanchick regarding Attorney General Josh Shapiro Legal Opinion and PSP enforcement rule over "partially-manufactured (often referred to as 80%) frames and receivers and kits"
Petitioners: Landmark Firearms LLC of Newville, Pennsylvania, US Rifle, LLC of Dublin, New Hampshire, Polymer80, Inc. of Dayton, Nevada, and Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC).
Respondents: Pennsylvania State Police Commissioner Robert Evanchick
Litigation Counsel: Joshua Prince, Chief Counsel of Civil Rights Defense Firm, P.C.; FPC Director of Legal Strategy Adam Kraut
Related Press Releases:
- 2020-1-31: FPC, FPF Secure Preliminary Injunction Against Pennsylvania State Police ‘Partially Manufactured Receivers’ Policy Following Attorney General Josh Shapiro’s December 2019 “Legal Opinion”, Mandate
- 2019-12-20: Emergency Injunction Sought Against Pennsylvania State Police Commissioner Evanchick Following ‘Lawless’ Gun Ban Mandate, “Legal Opinion” by Attorney General Josh Shapiro
Key Case Filings & Events
- 2020-2-4: Filed Preliminary Injunction Order
- 2020-1-31: Memorandum Opinion GRANTING Preliminary Injunction
- 2020-1-20: Reply Brief in Support of Preliminary Injunction; Exhibit E
- 2020-1-10: Brief in Opposition to Application for Emergency Relief/Preliminary Injunction
- 2020-1-10: Answer to Petition
- 2020-1-10: ORDER: "NOW, January 10, 2020, a hearing on Petitioners' Application for Special Relief in the Form of an Emergency Preliminary Injunction having been scheduled for January 21, 2020, at 1:30 p.m., in Courtroom 3001, Pennsylvania Judicial Center, 601 Commonwealth Avenue, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, it is hereby ORDERED that the parties shall exchange witness and exhibit lists on or before January 17, 2020, and attempt in good faith to reach factual stipulations and stipulations as to the admission of exhibits prior to the hearing."
- 2019-12-30: ORDER: "NOW, December 27, 2019, hearing on Petitioner's Application for Special Relief in the Nature of an Emergency Preliminary Injunction under Pa. R.A.P. 1532, is scheduled for January 21, 2020, at 1:30 p.m., in Courtroom 3001, Pennsylvania Judicial Center, 601 Commonwealth Avenue, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Respondent's answer is due on or before January 10, 2020."
- 2019-12-20: Application for Emergency Relief in the Nature of a Preliminary Injunction; Memorandum of Law in Support of Application; Proposed Order
- 2019-12-20: Petition for Review to the Commonwealth Court (Original Jurisdiction)
Click HERE to JOIN the FPC Grassroots Army and support this case, or make a tax-deductible donation to support this case & important legal action programs HERE!