Summary: Lawsuit challenging the City of Pittsburgh, Mayor Bill Peduto, and six City Council members over the City's latest gun control legislation.
Plaintiffs: Firearm Owners Against Crime, Allegheny County Sportsmen's League, Firearms Policy Coalition, Firearms Policy Foundation, Matthew Boardley, Saadyah Averick, and Fred Rak
Defendants: City of Pittsburgh, PA; Mayor Bill Peduto; City Council-members Bruce Kraus, Corey O’Connor, R. Daniel Lavelle, Deb Gross, Erika Strassburger, and Ricky Burgess
Litigation Counsel: Joshua Prince, Esq. - Civil Rights Defense Firm, P.C.
Related Press Releases:
- 2019-10-29: Court Blocks Pittsburgh, PA Gun Control Ordinances in Lawsuit Brought by FPC, FPF, FPAC, and 3 Individual Gun Owners
- 2019-4-9: City of Pittsburgh, Mayor, and 'Gun-Grabbing Gang of Six' City Council Sued in New Lawsuit over Unconstitutional Gun Control
Key Case Filings & Events
- 2020-10-14: En Banc hearing at Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
- 2020-06-01: Brief of Appellees
- 2020-06-01: Amicus Brief in support of Appellees by House Republican Caucus: here
- 2019-10-29: Order Granting Plaintiffs Motion for Summary Judgment and Denying Defendants' Motion for Summary Judgment
- 2019-4-9: Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief
Click HERE to make a tax-deductible donation to support this case & important legal action programs!