Summary: Federal lawsuit challenging the laws that prevent individuals from carrying a loaded handgun on their person for self-defense in New York City, New York.
Plaintiffs: George Greco, Jeffrey Ortiz, Steven Insalaco, John J. Winters, Michael Ricatto, Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC), Second Amendment Foundation (SAF)
Defendants: City of New York, New York; Police Commissioner Dermot Shea
Litigation Counsel: David Jensen
Docket: S.D. NY case no. 1:20-cv-09265 | CourtListener Docket
Key Events & Filings:
- 2022-10-24: Order Granting Stipulation of Dismissal
- 2022-10-17: Order to Show Cause
- 2022-8-26: Letter
- 2022-6-29: Motion for a Preliminary Injunction and to Advance Trial and Issue a Permanent Injunction
- 2021-8-4: ORDER granting Letter Motion to Stay. The parties are directed to inform the Court by letter on ECF, within two weeks of a decision in the Supreme Court case, of their views regarding whether the stay should be lifted and the next steps the Court should take in this case.
- 2021-8-4: Motion to Stay
- 2021-2-19: Answer to Amended Complaint
- 2021-1-5: Amended Complaint
- 2020-11-4: Complaint
Related News Releases: