Issue: S. 3254 - Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020
Author: Sen. Warren, Elizabeth [D-MA]
Summary: S. 3254 is nearly identical to HR 5717. We urge all gun owners to oppose both bills.
Seriously. If you are a gun owner, you literally need to drop everything you're doing right now and oppose this bill.
S. 3254 is a slightly watered down version of HR 5717 allowing non-transferable registration of 'assault weapons' instead of a confiscatory outright ban.
In 2016, we fought hard against a huge surge of anti-gun legislation in California. We dubbed it "Gunpocalypse."
And now Sen. Elizabeth Warren has introduced a companion bill to HR 5717 that rolls up all of Gunpocalypse - and more - into one federal bill.
S. 3254 would:
- Create a nationwide gun registry
- Ban almost all semiautomatic rifles
- Institute a federal magazine ban
- Implement national "red flag" gun confiscation
- Tax guns at 30% and ammo at 50%
- Ban patriots under 21 from exercising their Second Amendment rights
- Ration guns by making it illegal to purchase more than one firearm in a 30-day period
- Force "safe storage" requirements on gun owners
- Ban home builds
- Ban suppressors
- Force FFLs to spend massive amounts of money to comply with new "security" requirements
- Expand "gun free zones"
- And so much more that we couldn't possibly list here in this space
S.3254 is so sweeping and all-encompassing it may as well be an ENCYCLOPEDIA of gun control!
Think of every anti-gun measure you've ever seen proposed at the State or Federal level, and chances are it's here.
But that's not even the most chilling part. S. 3254 would require gun owners to obtain a permit from the Government to purchase guns and ammo.
And in order to obtain this "permit," gun owners would be required to submit to a live-fire exercise.
Are you seeing the problem with this requirement?
How can a first-time gun owner submit to a live-fire exercise if they don't have a firearm to use?
The answer is: they can't. The Government isn't going to provide guns and live ammo to first-time gun buyers.
So the only way new gun owners can comply with this legislation is to conduct a live-fire demonstration with a gun they don't have because the Government won't let them buy it.
As written, S. 3254 would END the Second Amendment within a generation.
In the midst of a national emergency, congress has introduced the most overreaching gun control bill this session... possibly ever.
This bill would CRUSH individual freedom and immediately subjugate all gun owning patriots to the whim of the Federal Government.
So Take Action NOW to stop it!
Using our form below:
- Send a message to Congress and let them know you oppose S. 3254.
- Let Congress know that these bills are a violation of YOUR Constitutionally protected rights!
- Urge Congress to oppose S. 3254 and similar infringements on the rights and liberties of the people.