Issue: HR 5717/S. 3254 - This year's Gunpocalypse
UPDATE - Read FPC Legal's Policy Letter that was sent to the Author and cosponsors of HR 5717 here.
UPDATE - Sen. Warren has introduced her own version of HR 5717 in the Senate. It is S. 3254 and is nearly identical to HR 5717. We are urging all gun owners to oppose both bills.
If you're a gun owner, you literally need to drop everything you're doing right now and oppose this bill.
HR 5717 is the worst anti-gun legislation that FPC has ever seen. It could end gun rights in totality within a generation.
In 2016, we fought hard against a huge surge of anti-gun legislation in California. We dubbed it "Gunpocalypse."
And now Rep. Hank Johnson has introduced a bill that rolls up all of Gunpocalypse - and more - into one federal bill.
HR 5717 would:
- Create a nationwide gun registry
- Ban almost all semiautomatic rifles
- Institute a federal Magazine Ban
- Implement national "Red Flag" gun confiscation
- Tax guns at 30% and ammo at 50%
- Ban patriots under 21 from exercising their Second Amendment rights
- Ration guns by making it illegal to purchase more than one firearm in a 30-day period
- Force "Safe Storage" requirements on gun owners
- Ban home builds
- Ban suppressors
- Force FFLs to spend massive amounts of money to comply with new "security" requirements
- Expand "Gun Free Zones"
- And more than we can possibly list here in this space
HR 5717 is so sweeping and all-encompassing that it is literally an ENCYCLOPEDIA of gun control!
Think of every anti-gun measure you've ever seen proposed at the State or Federal level, and chances are it's here.
But that's not even the most chilling part. Because HR 5717 would require gun owners to obtain a permit from the Government to purchase guns and ammo.
And in order to obtain this "permit," gun owners would be required to submit to a live-fire exercise.
Are you seeing the problem with this requirement?
How can a first-time gun owner submit to a live-fire exercise if they don't have a firearm to use?
The answer is: they can't. The Government isn't going to provide guns and live ammo to first-time gun buyers.
So the only way new gun owners can comply with this legislation is to conduct a live-fire demonstration with a gun they don't have because the Government won't let them buy it.
As written, HR 5717 would END the Second Amendment within a generation.
We are totally flabbergasted by how scary this bill is. But that's not even the most insulting part.
Indeed, in the midst of a national emergency, congress has introduced the most overreaching gun control bill this session... possibly ever.
This bill would CRUSH individual freedom and immediately subjugate all gun owning patriots to the Federal Government.
So Take Action NOW to stop it!
Using our form below:
- Send a message to Congress and let them know you oppose HR 5717 and S. 3254.
- Let Congress know that these bills are a violation of YOUR Constitutionally protected rights!
- Urge Congress to oppose HR 5717, S. 3254, and similar infringements on the rights and liberties of the people.