Position: Strongly Opposed
Summary: Universal Background Checks and Aggressive Expansion of Prohibited Person Qualifications
- Contains new “universal background check” requirement.
- Makes it a crime if a firearm isn't reported lost or stolen within 48 hours.
- Enables long or even indefinite delays on firearm background checks.
- Makes it illegal (regardless if anything of value is exchanged) to ship, transport, transfer, carry etc. two or more firearms if it would violate any federal, state, or local law with a penalty of 1 year or more. May be charged as a “conspiracy” with a possible sentence of 20 years.
- Bans gun ownership for convictions related to the possession, distribution of, or intent to possess or distribute alcohol or any controlled substance.
- Adds “stalking” to list of infractions that bans individuals from owning a gun.
- Offers federal grants and money to several government programs and projects.
- Several of the grants and mandates would likely be used to produce rights-infringing propaganda and junk science.
Using the form below, contact your Congressional Representatives and let them know you oppose these infringements!