Summary: Federal Second Amendment lawsuit challenging the State of New Jersey’s laws that require individuals to be granted a permit before acquiring a rifle, shotgun, or handgun.
Plaintiffs: Sandra Kendrick, Joseph Post, Bob's Little Sport Shop, Inc., Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs, Inc., New Jersey Second Amendment Society, Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners, Firearms Policy Coalition, and Second Amendment Foundation
Defendants: New Jersey Acting Attorney General Matthew Platkin, Superintendent of the New Jersey Division of State Police Patrick Callahan, Glassboro Chief of Police John Polillo, and South River Police Chief Mark Tinitigan
Litigation Counsel: David H. Thompson, Peter A. Patterson, and Joseph O. Masterman, David Jensen, and Daniel Schmutter
Docket: D. NJ case no. 1:21-cv-06231 | CourtListener Docket
Donate & Support Pro-2A Lawsuits & Legal Action!
Key Events & Filings
- 2022-12-15: Stipulation of Dismissal
- 2022-7-25: Answer to Amended Complaint and Crossclaim
- 2022-7-22: Answer to Amended Complaint
- 2022-5-23: Order of Administrative Termination
- 2022-4-26: Amended Complaint
- 2022-4-22: TEXT ORDER: By consent of the parties, and for good cause shown, the joint letter application to stay this matter shall be, and is hereby, GRANTED.
- 2022-4-14: Letter From Parties Jointly Requesting Stay
- 2022-4-11: Motion for Leave to File Amended Complaint
- 2022-2-23: Order Granting in Part and Denying in Part Motion to Dismiss
- 2021-7-26: Gurbir S. Grewal and Patrick J. Callahan’s Reply in Support of Motion to Dismiss
- 2021-7-26: Ronald A. Cundey and John Polillo Reply in Support of Motion to Dismiss
- 2021-7-6: Plaintiffs’ Response to Defendants’ Motions to Dismiss
- 2021-6-4: Gurbir S. Grewal and Patrick J. Callahan’s Motion to Dismiss
- 2021-6-3: Ronald A. Cundey and John Polillo Motion to Dismiss
- 2021-05-25: Order that this action is dismissed without prejudice as to Defendant Michael Gaimari
- 2021-03-22: Complaint
Related News Releases