Summary: Federal lawsuit challenging San Jose gun fee and insurance requirements.
Plaintiffs: Christopher Glass and Firearms Policy Coalition
Defendants: City of San Jose, Chief of Police Anthony Mata, and City Manager Jennifer Maguire
Litigation Counsel: Bradley Benbrook, Stephen Duvernay, David Thompson, Peter Patterson, and Joseph Masterman
Docket: N.D. CA case no. 5:22-cv-02533 | CourtListener Docket
Donate & Support Pro-2A Lawsuits & Legal Action!
Key Events & Filings:
- 2022-8-24: Plaintiffs’ Notice of Voluntary Dismissal
- 2022-8-16: Defendants’ Corrected Status Report on Implementation of the Gun Harm Reduction Ordinance
- 2022-6-29: Statement of Recent Decision
- 2022-6-9: Defendants’ Reply in Support of Motion to Dismiss
- 2022-6-2: Plaintiffs’ Response in Opposition to Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss
- 2022-5-19: Motion to Dismiss
- 2022-4-26: Complaint
Related News Releases: