Send a message of opposition to California representatives using the contact form below!
- Bill: AB 3071: Bans sale and use of lead ammunition at indoor & outdoor shooting ranges
- Position: Oppose
- Author: Kevin Mullen (D-022)
- Summary: Non-lead ammunition required at both indoor and outdoor shooting ranges, requires use of ammunition certified by CA Fish & Game as non-lead.
- Non-lead” ammunition generally means solid copper, or steel core. Steel cores are damaging to range backstops generally. That leaves for most indoor ranges, solid copper ammunition, which is extremely expensive compared to normal ammunition.
- This will drive up costs tremendously, making it so poor and middle class people are priced out of practicing with firearms. Training makes us safer gun owners.
Tell your California representatives that you don't stand for this oppression and neither should they!