Position: Strongly Opposed
Cosponsors: Rep. Tlaib, Rashida [D-MI-13], Rep. Cicilline, David N. [D-RI-1], Rep. Neguse, Joe [D-CO-2], Rep. Beyer, Donald S., Jr. [D-VA-8], Rep. Hayes, Jahana [D-CT-5], Rep. Norton, Eleanor Holmes [D-DC-At Large], Rep. Schakowsky, Janice D. [D-IL-9], Rep. Engel, Eliot L. [D-NY-16], Rep. Lee, Barbara [D-CA-13], Rep. Moore, Gwen [D-WI-4], Rep. Raskin, Jamie [D-MD-8], Rep. Nadler, Jerrold [D-NY-10], Rep. Schneider, Bradley Scott [D-IL-10], Rep. Lynch, Stephen F. [D-MA-8], Rep. Velazquez, Nydia M. [D-NY-7], Rep. Castor, Kathy [D-FL-14], Rep. Himes, James A. [D-CT-4]
- Would direct the FBI to report background checks during March 2020's COVID-19 emergency as they compare to 2019.
- Creates propaganda claiming that increased firearms sales pose “a serious health and security risk to the American public.”
- Lays groundwork to expand the amount of data collected from NICS.
- Can retain personal data from NICS checks in a searchable database.
- Mandates that the FBI NICS use a database called N-DEx (National Data Exchange), which may contain unreliable or hearsay information that would to be used to incorrectly delay or deny the lawful purchase of firearms from licensed dealers.
- Lays groundwork for a de-facto national registry and a 'social credit' system as a way to delay or deny your right to lawfully purchase a firearm.
Using the form below, contact Congress and let them know you oppose these infringements!