Send a message to Congress using the contact form below!
- Bill: S 66 - "Assault Weapons" Ban of 2019
- Position: Strongly Opposed
- Author: Sen. Feinstein (D-CA)
S 66 is Sen. Feinstein's latest bill to ban your firearms, and it is her most freedom-infringing version yet.
S66 would not only ban the sale, manufacture, transfer, and importation of so-called "military-style assault weapons" like ARs and AKs, but also "high-capacity" magazines. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop there...
Other provisions of the bill include:
- A ban on stocks that are "otherwise foldable or adjustable in a manner that operates to reduce the length, size, or any other dimension, or otherwise enhances the concealability of a firearm"
- A requirement that "grandfathered assault weapons are stored using a secure gun storage or safety device like a trigger lock"
- A ban on bump stocks and "other devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire at fully automatic rates"
- A prohibition on the transfer of "high-capacity" magazines
- A ban on "Thordsen-type grips and stocks that are designed to evade a ban on assault weapons"
- A ban on "assault pistols that weigh 50 or more ounces when unloaded" a.k.a. AR pistols
- A ban on "assault pistol stabilizing braces that transform assault pistols into assault rifles"
- AND MORE!
This legislation would put the Second Amendment in grave danger, but we can defeat it if we work together.
Please send a message to Congress using FPC's Take Action tools and urge them to vote NO on S 66. This is a time-sensitive matter, so act now.
You may not remember, but Difi successfully passed an "assault weapons" ban once before - we CANNOT let her do it again this year!
That’s why we need YOU to step up and help us defeat this unconstitutional legislation once and for all.