Support the proposed rule to remove the written permission requirement to carry firearms on Army Corps of Engineer projects
Issue: US Army Corps of Engineers to Remove Restriction for Carrying Firearms on Corps Project Land & Water
- Position: Support
- Author: Department of the Army, Corps of Engineers
- FPC's legal policy letter regarding this issue here: Link
- Would remove the requirement that an individual obtain written permission before possessing a weapon on Corps project land or water.
- Proposed rule would fix the matter so state and local law controls carrying, rather than Corps' permission
- This change would reduce the burden on the public by eliminating the requirement to obtain written permission before possessing a weapon on Corps property.
Use our form to submit your comment to the Federal Register that this proposed rule is a step in the right direction