Washington SB 5552– Firearms Sales and Transfers
|Author:||Sen. Jamie Pedersen (D - 43) P: (360) 786 - 7628|
|Source:||View the Source|
UPDATE: This bill has been SIGNED by Gov. Inslee!
SB 5552 adopted the following reforms on firearms transfers as of 02/23/2017:
- Restores the ability of federally licensed collectors of curios and relics to conduct normal activities under federal guidance when the item is defined as a curio or relic under federal law (FPC Sponsored Amendments)
- Restores employers' ability to transfer firearms to its employees or agents
- Expands the extremely narrow definition of “family member” for the purposes of transfers
- Exempts transfers for prevention of suicide and self-inflicted bodily injury
- Exempts transfers when in presence of the owner
- Exempts participation in an honor guard
Washington Senate Bill 5552 has been signed by the Governor! Send the Governor an email below using our take action system and thank him for his signature.