Send a message using the forms below!
- Bill: S.3264/H.R.84, a.k.a. The Knife Owners' Protection Act (KOPA)
- Position: Strongly Support
- Sponsors: Sen. Roger Wicker [R-MS] & Rep. Andy Biggs [R-AZ]
- Bill: S.1092, a.k.a. The Interstate Transport Act (ITA)
- Position: Strongly Oppose
- Sponsor: Sen. Michael Enzi [R-WY]
Take a moment to email your legislators RIGHT NOW to achieve two important goals:
- We MUST get co-sponsors for S.3264/H.R.84
- We MUST defeat S.1092
KOPA will remove the archaic and irrational restrictions on interstate trade of switchblade (automatic) knives that are legal to one degree or another in 44 states, while also protecting the right of knife owners to travel with their knives throughout the U.S. without fear of prosecution.
ITA, on the other hand, has numerous flaws, but most critically, it fails to include a robust Right of Action that would actually provide real protections for knife owners. A strong Right of Action would prevent rogue jurisdictions like New York and New Jersey from ignoring the law and prosecuting individuals that properly transport their knives. Additionally, ITA does NOT repeal the Federal Switchblade Act.
We MUST generate support for KOPA and shut down ITA, and it only takes a moment to do so!
Email your legislators RIGHT NOW using the Take Action forms below.