THIS INSANE BILL MUST BE STOPPED!
- Bill: HR 5087 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2018
- Author: Rep. David Cicilline (D-RI-1)
- Position: STRONGLY OPPOSED
1. Send a message to Congress using our Grassroots Action form below.
2. Call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 to connect with your reps - tell them to oppose H.R.5087!
3. Share this page and Take Action message with your pro-gun friends and family!
H.R. 5087 would:
- Add new definitions and terms like "semiautomatic pistol," semiautomatic shotgun," "semiautomatic assault weapon," "large capacity ammunition feeding device," "barrel shroud," "detachable magazine," and many more;
- Add an incredible number and type of firearms to the list of assault weapons;
- Enacts a total ban on "assault weapons" unless it is "otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2018";
- Enacts a total ban on "large capacity ammunition feeding devices";
- Enacts manufacturing requirements for "assault weapons" and "large capacity ammunition feeding devices";
- Enacts new storage requirements for people who have "assault weapons";
- Criminalize the exercise of Second Amendment rights and constitutionally-protected instruments;
- Imposes new firearm transfer requirements;
- Mandates law-enforcement reporting of "assault weapon" transfers or attempted through NICS; and,
- Provides for grants of federal funds for useless "gun buyback" programs.
Use the FPC Take Action Grassroots form below and tell your representatives why they should oppose H.R.5087!