Send a message using the contact form below!
- Bill: CA SB 1200 - Expands GVROs to Include Gun Parts and Magazines
- Position: Strongly Oppose
- Sponsor: Sen. Nancy Skinner (D-9)
- FPC Legislative Alert
CA SB 1200 would prevent subjects of GVROs to have in their custody or control any firearm parts and magazines. Existing law prevents them from having custody or control of firearms and ammunition.
FPC already opposed these restraining order schemes on practical, policy, and constitutional grounds. For example:
- GVROs almost never result in immediate action, which defeats their purpose.
- GVROs and their underlying statutes unconstitutionally skip due process.
- GVROs stand for the proposition that everyone is guilty unless they can prove their way out of an accusation.
This bill would just make the problematic GVRO system even worse.
Tell your legislators that you oppose SB 1200 by sending them an email today: