In other words: a majority of Republicans support gun control!
A new poll released by YouGov/The Economist released this week found that a majority of Republicans support having a law that would raise the legal age to buy any type of gun or ammunition to 21.
The question from YouGov/The Economist asked respondents: "Do you support or oppose a law that would raise the minimum age for buying any type of gun or ammunition to 21?" They were then able to choose among "support strongly," "support somewhat," "oppose somewhat," "oppose strongly" and "not sure."
Among Republicans, 32 percent said they would support such a law strongly while another 22 percent supported it somewhat—meaning, in total, 54 percent of GOP respondents approved of raising the minimum gun age. According to the YouGov/The Economist poll, 39 percent of Republicans opposed the law (18 percent somewhat, 21 percent strongly).
Read more here.