They won’t take no for an answer…
Via Washington Times:
The families of some of the victims killed in the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School appealed on Tuesday the dismissal of their wrongful death lawsuit against firearms manufacturer Remington Arms.
Seeking to revive the lawsuit, which was dismissed last month, the families filed the appeal in Connecticut Appellate Court but were hoping the state’s Supreme Court would hear the case.
“We feel strongly that the critical issues raised in this case belong before our state’s Supreme Court and we hope the Court agrees,” attorney Josh Koskoff said in a statement. “The Supreme Court not only sets precedent, but also reviews the applicability and relevance of prior decisions, and works to ensure that the common law is up-to-date with the realities and dangers of a changing world.”
Gunman Adam Lanza used a Bushmaster AR-15-style rifle made by Remington to kill 26 people, including 20 first-graders, at the school in Newtown, Connecticut, on Dec. 14, 2012.
Families of nine victims and one survivor of the attack brought the lawsuit and said they wanted the opportunity to hold firearms companies accountable for the tragedy.
Read more here.