New Jersey gun rights group seeking Sweeney recall scrambles to find new rally location after venue cancels
Spencer Kent for NJ.com reports:
A pro-gun rights group was scrambling late Friday afternoon after it was told it could no longer use the Mantua Township venue the group claims it reserved two months ago for a rally to kick off a recall effort against state Senate President Stephen Sweeney.
Alexander Roubian, president of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society, was making calls at about 6 p.m. on Friday, trying to seal up another spot to host 500 to 800 fellow gun rights advocates after Total Turf sports complex allegedly told Roubian he could no longer hold his event at the venue on Saturday.
…The group initially planned to use Total Turf as a place to mobilize before heading out to gather the 30,000 signatures needed for a recall.
“This venue was the rally point,” DiBernardo said.
Members of NJSAS recently staged two protests outside Sweeney’s home in West Deptford over the fatal stabbing of a Berlin woman that the group blamed on overly strict state gun laws.
Sweeney previously acknowledged that he turned on his lawn sprinklers during the second protest because, he said, the event was causing his family distress.
Read the full story at NJ.com.