Wikileaks has revealed Clinton’s true positions on the Second Amendment.
Via the New American:
The tens of thousands of e-mails released by WikiLeaks over the last month have removed all doubts, if any still existed, that Hillary Clinton and her campaign will go to any lengths to erase the Second Amendment’s protection of the right of individual citizens to keep and bear firearms. That includes, but is not limited to, using executive orders to undermine the Second Amendment. One e-mail in particular showed how closely Clinton’s campaign staff works with a compliant media and what Clinton intends to do if she is elected president. Wrote a Clinon staffer in the e-mail:
“Circling back around on guns as a follow up to the Friday morning discussion: the Today show has indicated they definitely plan to ask about guns, and so to have the discussion be more of a news event than her previous times discussing guns, we are going to background reporters tonight on a few of the specific proposals she would support as President — universal background checks of course, but also closing the gun show loophole by executive order and imposing manufacturer liability.”
Clinton has both a “public” and a “private” viewpoint on the Second Amendment. As revealed in another WikiLeaks e-mail disclosing part of a speech Clinton made in 2013 to the National Multi-Media Housing Council, she said, “If anyone’s watching … you know … all of the back room discussions and the deals … you know … then people get a little nervous, to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position [on issues].”
Apparently, neither position needs to be backed up with facts, and if the facts are not available to support it, they can be manufactured to fit the occasion. That was evident during the third and final presidential debate last Wednesday night when Clinton said, “I support the Second Amendment…. I disagreed with the way the court applied the Second Amendment in that case because what the District of Columbia [v. Heller ruling] was trying to do was to protect toddlers from guns. And so they wanted people with guns to safely store them.”
But that was a far cry from what the court actually ruled in the case. Responded John Lott, the founder of the Crime Prevention Research Center: If the ruling contributed to the problem that Clinton describes, one would think that there would have been a lot of accidental gun deaths involving toddlers. But there doesn’t appear to have been a single accidental gun death of any kind in the District, let alone for toddlers, during the eight years since the Heller decision was announced.
Read more here.