In July, California Governor Jerry Brown signed a slew of gun control bills into law designed to eviscerate your Second Amendment rights.
These seven bills were:
- SB 880 (Hall) and AB 1135 (Levine): Bans common and constitutionally protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.
- SB 1235 (de Leon): Enacts burdensome regulations on ammunition.
- SB 1446 (Hancock): Confiscation of lawfully acquired, standard capacity ammunition feeding devices.
- AB 857 (Cooper): Forced “Ghost Gun” registration.
- AB 1511 (Santiago): Bans the loaning of firearms.
- AB 1695 (Bonta): Makes some non-violent misdemeanors punishable by prohibitions on owning firearms.
A group of grassroots activists then formed the group “Veto Gunmageddon” and launched a referendum effort aimed at putting these bills on the ballot.
The group needs approximately 400,000 valid signatures on each bill to allow it to appear on a statewide ballot. If successful, it will allow the people to vote on repealing the law.
FPC is encouraging all of its members and supporters in the State of California to find a signing location using the Veto Gunmageddon Petition Locator and spread this message along to your friends and family.