Can you believe what happened?
Last week, Senate and Assembly Democrats launched a battery of new gun control bills.
They skirted the legislative process by “gutting and amending” 5 bills that were stalled, converting them into 5 brand NEW, ANTI-GUN measures that are now halfway through the Legislature.
This process is the controversial practice of stripping out a measure’s contents and replacing it with entirely new language, for a new issue, well into the legislative process.
Here is a list of the new bills and what they will do:
- AB 156: Formerly dealt with global warming, but now places restrictions on ammunition and will be authored by Asm. Kevin McCarty and Sen. Kevin deLeón.
- AB 857: Formerly addressed greenhouse gasses, but now restricts curios, relics, and home-built firearms. It will be authored my Asm. Jim Cooper and Sen. Kevin de Leon.
- AB 1135: Formerly centered around creating the Kings River East Groundwater Sustainability Agency, but is now a broad gun ban. This will now be authored by Assemblymembers Marc Levine and Phil Ting.
- AB 1511: Formerly dealt with energy conservation, but now criminalizes loaning firearms. It is now authored by Asm. Miguel Santiago.
- SB 650: Formerly dealt with gambling, but now deals with banning “assault weapons.” Senators Hall and Glazer are now the authors of this bill.
In doing this, the elitist Sacramento politicians have dodged the legislative process and public comment.
It is absolutely sickening that these politicians would use such secretive procedures in an effort to pass even more restrictions on our rights.
But it should come as no surprise. They have no respect for the Second Amendment. Why would they have any respect for a transparent legislative process?
Please help us fight these brand new measures. We expect them to be heard this coming week, without any notice in an effort to avoid YOUR input.
Sign the petition to let Sacramento politicians know you oppose these brand new anti-gun measures: