Did you know that if you or one of your family members are merely suspected of being involved in certain crimes, your private property, including your firearms, can be permanently seized without due process?
This scary process is called civil asset forfeiture.
As a civil rights organization that represents the interests of some of the most regulated, tracked and legislated classes of people, we believe it is imperative that our supporters have access to their constitutionally guaranteed private property and due process rights.
Accordingly, we are actively supporting California Senate Bill 443 (Mitchell), which reforms civil asset forfeiture procedures and protects the fundamental property rights of Californians not convicted of any crime.
SB 443 will ensure that the state CANNOT take your legally owned firearms and other property without a conviction through civil asset forfeiture.
The bill is on Third Reading, meaning it can be taken up at anytime.
And that’s why we need your help RIGHT NOW!
HOW TO FIGHT BACK
1. Sign the petition supporting SB 443
2. Call the following Assemblymembers and ask that they vote YES on SB 443 because it protects gun owners from having their firearms seized.
- Asm. Bigelow – 916-319-2005
- Asm. Dahle – 916-319-2001
- Asm. Gallagher – 916-319-2003
- Asm. Grove – 916-319-2034
- Asm. Mathis – 916-319-2026
3. Share this page with your friends and family!
Sign the petition in support of SB 443:
I, the undersigned, SUPPORT SB 443 as it protects my civil rights as a gun owner. I urge my Legislator to do the same!