California lawmakers head back to Sacramento in just a week for the last month of the session, and we expect their all-out assault on your civil rights to continue.
We are angry that “leaders” like Kevin DeLeon, Isadore Hall and Evan Low keep giving the Constitution the middle finger in their relentless attempts to take away your rights.
But it’s a good time to take a look at the TEN anti-gun bills we’ve killed since the start of the legislative session – and know that if we keep fighting, we can kill the anti-gun bills remaining in the legislature.
Don’t ever let anyone tell you that your calls, petitions, donations and activism don’t make a difference.
The bills you have helped us kill are:
- SB 894, which would have criminalized the late or non-reporting of stolen firearms;
- SB 1006, which would have created a bogus gun violence research center;
- SB 1037, would have made non-violent firearms related crimes, such as forgetting to fill out your paperwork properly, “continuing offenses,” thus akin to capital murder;
- AB 650, which served as a backup to the bullet button bans;
- AB 1663, which would have banned common and cherished rifles like the M1 Carbine and the Mini-14;
- AB 1673, which would have applied the definition of firearms to things that are not firearms;
- AB 1674, which would have banned more than one gun purchase at a time;
- AB 1681, which would have put the private cell phone data of gun owners at risk;
- AB 2459, which would have put every single gun store in the state out of business by forcing them to purchase a non-existent, pricey insurance policy;
- and AB 2607, which would have allowed your co-workers, boss or therapist to strip away your gun rights via a Gun Violence Restraining Order.
Thanks to you, MORE anti-gun bills were killed this session than were introduced during last year’s entire session.
But we’re not done yet!
We’ve made a huge impact, but we can’t stand down now.
Several anti-gun bills are still alive – which we will preview for you in Part 2 of our Summer Update later this week.
Please consider making a $20 or higher donation to ensure we have the resources we need to fight the remaining bills in August.
We’ll also make sure you are entered into our Cobalt Kinetics BAMF Edge Rifle giveaway!
Thank you for all of your support. Let’s keep moving forward!