Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson just announced his plan to ban the “assault weapons” and large capacity magazines…
…and he is following the model that California just laid out.
You can read a copy of the proposed ban here, but the highlights are as follows:
- Any semi-automatic centerfire or rimfire rifle with a detachable magazine AND an “evil” feature like a pistol grip, threaded barrel, folding or telescoping stock, or a flash suppressor or muzzle break is banned.
- All “large capacity” magazines (holding over 10 rounds) fall under the same ban.
- All previously owned “assault weapons” must be safely locked while in the home.
- The mere possession of “assault weapons” parts is banned.
- Any violation of the bill is punishable by a Class C Felony – up to a $10,000 fine and five years in a state prison.
This is going to be a tough year.
But we’re ready to go to battle. Stand with us NOW by pledging to fight below!
We need all the ammunition we can get!