As you saw yesterday, the California State Senate pushed through TEN anti-gun bills.
That’s right, TEN. These bills are:
- AB 156: Bans common ammunition purchases, creates a DOJ database of ammunition owners.
- AB 857: Requires serialization of ALL unserialized firearms, both retroactively and moving forward.
- AB 1135: Bans common and constitutionally protected firearms that have magazine locking devices, such as “bullet buttons”.
- AB 1511: Criminalizes loaning of firearms between personally known, law-abiding adults.
- SB 880: Bans common and constitutionally protected firearms that have magazine locking devices, such as “bullet buttons”.
- SB 894: Victimizes victims by criminalizing the failure to report lost and stolen firearms within a short time frame.
- SB 1006: University of California taxpayer funding for gun control research.
- SB 1235: Bans common ammunition purchases, creates a DOJ database of ammunition owners.
- SB 1407: Requires serialization of ALL unserialized firearms, both retroactively and moving forward.
- SB 1446: Retroactively bans possession of lawfully acquired, standard capacity magazines that can hold over 10 rounds.
What you don’t know is that the elitist anti-gun politicians centered their rhetoric around a political turf war between Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom’s ‘Ammo Ban’ initiative, and State Senate Leader Kevin De León’s battery of gun control bills.
“Gun owners are being used as chess pieces in a heated political game to see who in the Sacramento political class can steal YOUR gun rights away from you first,” said FPC Legislative Advocate, Craig DeLuz, to ABC News.
In fact, Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon, openly admitted in a press conference that he believes YOU and your rights DON’T MATTER:
“As far as gun issues are concerned, our data shows that voters at the polls in November are more likely to reflect the views of (gun-control advocates) than they are ardent gun owners.” –Sacramento Bee
Let’s prove Rendon, de León, and Newsom wrong.
We can’t let them continue using law-abiding gun owners as pawns in their political games.
We need everyone to TAKE ACTION and help us STOP GUNPOCALYPSE NOW!
Sign our petition below:
I, the undersigned, oppose the 10 “Gunpocalypse” Bills that passed the California State Senate on May 19th, 2016 and are being fast tracked to the California State Assembly.