You’re not going to believe this…
Last week, Senate and Assembly Democrats “gutted and amended” 5 bills that were stalled and changed them into 5 brand new, ANTI-GUN measures.
“Gutting and amending” is the controversial practice of stripping out a measure’s contents and replacing it with entirely new language, for a new issue, well into the legislative process.
Here is a list of the new bills and what they will do:
- AB 156: Formerly dealt with global warming, but now places restrictions on ammunition and will be authored by Asm. Kevin McCarty and Sen. Kevin deLeón.
- AB 857: Formerly addressed greenhouse gasses, but now restricts curios, relics, and home-built firearms. It will be authored my Asm. Jim Cooper and Sen. Kevin de Leon.
- AB 1135: Formerly centered around creating the Kings River East Groundwater Sustainability Agency, but is now a broad gun ban. This will now be authored by Assemblymembers Marc Levine and Phil Ting.
- AB 1511: Formerly dealt with energy conservation, but now criminalizes loaning firearms. It is now authored by Asm. Miguel Santiago.
- SB 650: Formerly dealt with gambling, but now deals with banning “assault weapons.” Senators Hall and Glazer are now the authors of this bill.
In doing this, they have totally skirted the legislative process. It is shameful that elitist politicians would invoke such secretive procedures in an effort to shove even more gun control down our throats.
But it is not surprising.
Please help us fight these brand new measures. We expect them to be heard very soon, without hardly any notice, in an effort to avoid your input.
SIGN THE PETITION OPPOSING THESE NEW ANTI-GUN BILLS: